Wednesday 23 February 2011

Relief! and a new All Time Low

Phew! Thank god for friends in high places ... in this case a nurse rushing to my rescue with a pre-surgical strength colon cleanser.  In true Tim Ferris style I documented my experiment, but for the purpose of good taste I won't publish it here - but I do know in a quite intricate degree of detail how my intestine responds to such a workout.  (by the time I started the treatment I was 62.2kg - 2.5 hours later I was 61.0 - but possibly a bit dehydrated to boot)

Go Colon Cleanse.

So I don't know if my body is likely to retaliate now and suck in and retain all the water I drink today ... guess I can only wait and see and in the meantime stick to the meal plans 100%.  I also need to make sure I introduce something that will prevent the same happening again.  My trial this week is to have an actimel drink before bed each night - Let's see if that screws with progress.

Pack size - 100g
Ingredients - Yogurt (skimmed milk, skimmed milk concentrate, yogurt cultures), Water, Skimmed milk, Dextrose, Stabiliser (pectin), Sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame K), L.casei Danone culture (Lactobacillus casei DN 114001), Vitamin B6, Flavouring, Vitamin D,
Contains a source of phenylalanine.  Contains: Milk.
Nutritional Value (per 100ml serving size) - Energy: 121kJ/28kcal; Protein 2.8g; Carbs 3.3g(all from sugars); Fat 0.1g; Fibre 0; Sodium 0.04g (equivalent as salt = 0.1g); Vit B6 0.21mg; Vit D 0.75μg

I've picked the low fat, unflavoured one - and I quite like the taste (but not chuffed that there's sweeteners and dextrose)..... now just watching for results.  Now work you little Lactobacilli - work dammit!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your happy colon. Oh... and the affiliated weight loss too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I feel sooo much better now. I can even crack a smile :)

    ReplyDelete