Friday 11 March 2011

Rolling 7 Day Average

This is my new favourite function on excel.  Disappointed (and distracted) by small daily jumps - both up and down, it was suggested to look at the results and count your weight as a 7-day average.  This takes out the volatility of spikes that may appear bigger in your mind that what they are actually on your belly.  And wow! check out these graphs:


So first graph shows my daily weight as it appears on the scales; with lots of bumps and jumps.
Second graph shows the 7 day average weight for the same time period. 

It's made me smile and not worry so much about the fact I haven't got back under 60kg today.  Look at my ski slope weight loss average.... happy!

Excel Charting 101 Lesson over ... any questions?

2 comments:

  1. My chart looks just like yours. It is so much nicer to see the average. I weigh and measure everyday even though I think it gives me stress. I get so disappointed when I gain after Go Wild Day. I feel awful if I don't lose any inches from day to day also. But from week to week I am down. Thanks for posting. You keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the daily weighs are stressful too! But I've decided to stick at it, if for nothing else to demonstrate to people that overall the fat loss is there, and not to get too disheartened with a few rogue increases. (I should listen to my own logic though - but the voice in the head starts a tantrum whenever it goes up no matter what!)

    ReplyDelete