Wednesday 9 March 2011

Breaking 60 - A massive mental hurdle

I did it! today! I'm marking this date in the diary as the day I broke 60kg.  I was really hoping it was going to be this week ... but hadn't imagined at all it would come by Wednesday.
On the scales this morning and 59.9 starts blinking.  Of course, I get off, get on again ... still 59.9 ... then I move the scales to the other side of the bathroom and try again.  Still 59.9.

I'm doing a little happy dance in my dressing gown.  Actually I did do a little nude happy dance immediately after, but now still happy dancing some time later.

I can't remember the last time my weight started with a 5 .... It must have been a good 10 years ago.

I have got a photo of me aged 18 or so (considerably more than 10 years ago) - preparing for a bungy jump and they have written a huge 51 on the back of my hand.  I remember being mortified at the time as I'd never had a weight with a 5 at the beginning - but I didn't complain as thought it wiser they treated me as slightly heavier rather than putting the skinny elastic on me and ploughing face first into the sand.

I'm strongly tempted to go back and take another bungy jump now .... with a great big 59 written on the back of my hand.  I've got a huge grin on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations. That is amazing news, isn't it silly how we are incapable of believing our own success.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete