Tuesday 1 March 2011

Leg Cramps Ouch!

youch - over last couple of days have noticed my calves more and more feeling like I'd clambered up Ben Nevis.  If I flex my toes towards my knees it feels really tight in my calves.  A quick browse through www.4hourpeople.com and www.4hbtalk.com indicates that it might be due to low potassium or magnesium - 2 of the things Tim Ferriss suggests one takes (and I haven't been).

I've thrown on some guacamole to breakfast and packed some for my lunch to hit the potassium, but the magnesium seems to come in a lot of nutty things - and I've banned them from the house cos I'm not a 6-nut kind of girl. (I'd be delving into that bag every half an hour).  So I think it's time to head to the vitamins aisle at the shop near work this morning.

3 comments:

  1. I've had the exact same thing. Except in the middle of the night waking me out of a dead sleep. Almost as fun as an ice bath! :) Good idea on the guac, I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a race this weekend and someone told me about this: http://www.coreperformance.com/daily/nutrition/mustard-a-cure-for-cramps.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Anonymous - but that link is all about athletes and leg cramps during strenuous exercise. The most strenuous I've been lately is a brisk walk down to the supermarket for another tin of lentils! But, it amuses me to think of marathon runners chuggin one or two tubes of mustard during their warmup.

    ReplyDelete